Who are we?
The Paper Parlour is an independent online retailer of quality design-led stationery, gifts, calendars & greeting cards.
The Paper Parlour Stationers Ltd
11 Belmont Farm
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered company number: 10842199
How do we collect your personal data?
- you place an order with us
- you create an account and opt-in to receive email marketing from us
- you complete an online order and opt-in to receive email marketing before checking out
- you enter a competition that we are running and opt-in to receive email marketing when you enter
- you fill in the form on the ‘email sign up’ page on our website
What personal data do we collect and how do we use it?
We may collect the following information when you attempt to make a purchase or when your purchase is complete:
- name and address, e-mail address & telephone number.
- financial account information, such as credit/debit card number and other payment information
- if you create an account - your username, password, e-mail address and your full name, address and telephone numbers;
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To process your order
- To respond and/or deal with your request or enquiry;
- To perform any contract the Company has with you; and for compliance with legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations
- To gather reviews after purchase
- To contact you (directly, either by the Company or by the Group or through a relevant partner or agent) by e-mail or phone for the above reasons
- Subject to your consent where required under applicable laws, to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing that you have requested
When you sign up to our newsletter and email marketing, we collect your name and email address so that we can send you this information. We do this with your consent and you can opt-out of these emails at any time using the ‘unsubscribe’ link featured in all of our emails to you. You will not receive any more marketing emails from The Paper Parlour Stationers Ltd if you do this, but we will still send you transactional emails, for example an order confirmation if you make a purchase from us.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will continue to send email marketing to you:
a) until you opt-out; or
b) until you stop actively interacting with the marketing emails we send to you for a period of 18 months.
In both of these cases, we will maintain your email address on a suppression list for 24 months, so that we know not to contact you.
Do we share your information with anybody?
We use Shopify and Constant Contact to help manage our marketing database. We also use Shopify to process your orders. We use Paypal, Shopify and Amazon Pay to process Payments. We use Royal Mail to deliver orders placed with us. If there is ever an issue with a product you have purchased we may pass on your details to the Supplier/Manufacturer to help resolve a complaint. These companies may store and/or process your personal data outside of the EEA. We have ensured that there are suitable safeguards in place for the protection of your personal data outside of the EEA.
You have various rights relating to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing. These are:
- The right to be informed – this privacy notice explains to you how your personal data is processed by us for direct marketing.
- The right to access – you can request that we provide you with all of the personal data that we hold about you. We will provide this to you free of charge within one month of your request.
- The right to rectification – we like to make sure that the information we have about you is correct. You can manage your personal details within your account to ensure that they are up to date, or you can contact us to let us know if we have any incorrect information about you by emailing email@example.com.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to have your data ‘erased’ by The Paper Parlour Stationers Ltd under specific situations.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to restrict processing in certain situations such as: where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict the processing until you have verified the accuracy of your personal data / where you have objected to processing and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds override your legitimate grounds / when processing is unlawful, and you oppose erasure and request restriction instead / where we no longer need the personal data but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to object - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Remember you can opt out at any time from our marketing communications using the preference centre in your your account, by using the ‘unsubscribe’ function in our marketing emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us